Thursday, April 16, 2009

A story about what happen to a batch of sponge cake



These sponge cuppy was made a day before but had to be thrown out.... all of it. I suspected that some animal thingy had been nibbling on it. I came home after picking up the boys from school.. saw that two or three cakes looked kinda weird but nothing click in my mind yet as i thought it was my bibik nibbling on it or maybe the cake just shrunk and that was how it was suppose to look like. And Nabil was upset with something and he was screaming and crying all together. So it was kinda difficult to focus at what I'm looking at. The worst part was i gave the boys the weird looking cake eewwww....eeewwww....mummy soooo sorry boys ......mummy is very very sorry......So after settling the boys for their evening nap.....came down to looked at the cuppy again....and this time really examined the cake and now I'm thinking this isn't the case of shrinking cake or my bibik nibbling away but by the look of the mark it looked like something like a cicak or a rat was having a bite or two at the cake. eeewww......eewww...i really hope it's not the rat....We have a very serious lizard and rat problem at home....been telling my hubby to do something !!!.....and he'll just say what am i suppose to do about it ...thank god my bibik is such a brave lady she managed to kill 3 rats already. I have a feeling there's a secret tunnel under my kitchen cabinet where the rats could move around without us seeing them. I can't wait to get my new kitchen up...not immediate but I'm really hoping its this year. As for the sponge cuppy its good, not too sweet just nice and don't bake it too long.

No comments:

Post a Comment